An array of laboratory-scale centrifuges are used in scientific practices such as chemistry, biology, biochemistry, and clinical medicine. Their purpose is to isolate and separate suspensions and immiscible liquids according to their size, shape, density, and viscosity. This specific variety of lab equipment has many applications, but how do you maintain confidence in the optimal performance of new or used laboratory equipment?
Choosing Lab Supplies to Fuel Your Research
- RPM vs. G-Force: It’s common for centrifuges to include the RPM in their listing. While this information is useful, it does not always give us the finite details we need to make the best decision while purchasing laboratory equipment. Knowing which G-force is required from your samples is the most powerful indicator of your needs from science lab equipment.
- Capacity: The capacity of your centrifuge is vital to doing efficient work in the lab. Take time to identify centrifuge capacity options that prove to be flexible with your work in addition to having a wide range of rotors.
- Warranty: Make sure your centrifuge comes with a warranty to avoid laboratory equipment maintenance costs. At REUZEit, all equipment sold with a 30-day warranty is subjected to a rigorous condition assessment & inspection to guarantee superb performance.
Choosing the Right Centrifuge Tubes
- Material Compatibility: It’s important to make sure that your samples will not attack the centrifuge tubes you’re using. Centrifugal tubes made from Polypropylene are proven to be resistant to the majority of substances and hold excellent durability properties.
- Sample Volume: It’s important not to overfill your centrifuge tubes in order to avoid leakage during the centrifugal process. It’s recommended that you only fill your centrifuge tubes ¾ full. Make sure you invest in tubes with the necessary capacity for your research.
Consider the idea of procuring used lab glassware or used lab equipment for your facility. Used lab supplies and surplus lab equipment can be a reliable and affordable way to harness the technology you need to fuel significant scientific research. Whether you’re searching for innovative chemistry lab equipment or looking to replace broken lab equipment, REUZEit offers low-cost solutions that work as hard as you do. Click here to browse the best surplus and gently used biotech and pharmaceutical equipment on the market!